The church building was designed by architect Louis Williams and opened for worship in 1925. It incorporates the windows from the original church in Royal Park.
The pipe organ was built by Robert Mackenzie, who in 1875 also installed the organ which is in the Melbourne Town Hall. After use in various places of worship our organ was installed at St George’s in 1982 and is used most Sundays. The Organ Historical Trust of Australia regards it as the only example of Mackenzie’s work that remains largely intact.