St. George’s Anglican Parish | Flemington

St. George's Church

St George’s is a beautiful, peaceful place, both within the church and in the grounds, which provide a sanctuary for quiet contemplation. It is located in a quiet, village-like setting some four kilometres from the Melbourne central business district.

We offer a place of worship where all are welcome and may find hospitality, support, compassion, healing and spiritual refreshment. St George’s currently attracts an average of 25 communicants on Sundays, and an average of 37 attendees each week including weekdays. Attendances on Christmas Day and Easter Day are higher. The church is available for weddings and funerals by appointment with the priest-in-charge.

The church building was designed by architect Louis Williams and opened for worship in 1925. It incorporates the windows from the original church in Royal Park. The Pipe Organ was built by Robert Mackenzie, who also installed the organ in the Melbourne Town Hall, in 1875. After use in various places of worship it was installed at St Georges in 1982 and is used most Sundays. The Organ Historical Trust of Australia regards it as the only example of Mackenzie's work that remains largely intact and has an established provenance. The parish is currently expanding its musical contribution to the local community through a series of concerts.

St George’s Church faces Baroda Street, near the corner of Lucknow Street, in Travancore (Melways maps 28 K10 and 29 A10). It is about 70 metres from Mt Alexander Road, and can be reached by the no. 59 tram (nearest tramstop no. 28). Click for map

Hall Hire

The hall is available, when not in use for parish needs, for hire to community groups. Contact: David Oliver at <hallhire@stgeorges.org.au>  or 9370 1835, for details.

Click here to see our online Calendar

Hall Hire brochure

Wedding brochure

St. George's Anglican Parish Flemington